1-blank2 home house on sunflower lane2 about house on sunflower lane3-contact-house-on-sunflower-lane4 tutorials house on sunflower lane5 advertise house on sunflower lane6 blog roll house on sunflower lane7-blank

Thursday, May 30, 2013

About

Welcome!

I started The House on Sunflower Lane in June of 2013 after having a successful blog, And the Adventure Continues, for many years. It was very sad for me to end that blog, but my life is in a completely different place than it was then and I felt that it was time to start my new chapter with a new blog!



I'm Amy, the author of The House on Sunflower Lane. I'm a 20-something, momma of 4. I've been able to travel the world and I am so happy to finally establish roots in my home state of Texas.

We purchased our little house on Sunflower Lane on April 19, 2013. The house is 1900sqft, two story, with 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, loft and two car garage. Previous to purchasing the house, it had been used as a rental and the most previous tenants were not so nice, because of this, there is a lot of updating and repairs that have to be done.

BUT, that is also why we bought this house. We wanted to be able to put our personality on basically, a blank slate. In just the few months that we have owned it, we have been able to completely transform two of the most used rooms (the kitchen and master bathroom).

Because of these transformation, I was inspired to start this blog to document the changes so that over time, I can go back and see the progress that has been made.

The House on Sunflower Lane is not just a blog about our house, it's about making this house a home and that includes the people that live here. You will find posts about life, love and everything in between.

Without further ado, I would like for you to "meet" the house that sits on the corner of Sunflower Lane! These photos are taken directly from the realtor's website and do absolutely justice of the condition it was in when we purchased it!

Front of the house

Kitchen and dining

Living room

Living room again

Kitchen

Half bathroom

Master bedroom

Master bathroom

Master bathroom

Master closet

Twins bedroom

Looking down on living room from loft

Loft

Missing is the 2nd bathroom and the older two kids rooms.

We have lots of room to spread out with our family of 6 but we also have a lot of work. I am so happy that you have decided to watch our progress and make this house a home!

2 comments:

  1. Your new blog looks great!
    I just added it to my reader and can't wait to see what you do with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog! Can't wait to see the transformation!

    ReplyDelete