1-blank2 home house on sunflower lane2 about house on sunflower lane3-contact-house-on-sunflower-lane4 tutorials house on sunflower lane5 advertise house on sunflower lane6 blog roll house on sunflower lane7-blank

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My weekend

My parents took my kids for 6 glorious days.

6 long and glorious days.

6 amazing days!

Did I mention that I didn't have kids for 6 days?

My parents rock.

We had gotten word that my husband may or may not be coming home early (that has since been taken off the table, we're back to a 9 month deployment) so they had decided to take the kids so I could knock out some housework (painting, etc)

So. What all did I accomplish?

Let's start with project #1: Fabric covered corkboard.

I had seen these things all over Pinterest, I had an unused corkboard and a wall in the laundry room that needed something. I bought a yard of fabric, some upholstery pins, grabbed my corkboard and went to work!

(And please disregard the crappy cell phone pictures, my big camera isn't getting much use lately)


So mad! I was only short about 5-7 pins and had to buy a new thing!

Finished! (there will be better photos!)

If I could change one thing, it would be that I had used the dark pins.)


Then I moved to the hallway!

This house is seriously full of crap like this. Good thing I'm good at patching!


The paint color is the same color as my kitchen, classic silver by Behr.

I loved the color when I put it in the kitchen so when I had some left, I just knew I wanted to use it in the hall.

I always say that this house is filled with a lot of, "What the hell were they thinking," moments.

This is one of them.


Seriously. Who patches a wall like that?

A long time ago (when we first moved in), I took a photo of the system I had been using for the kids shoes...

Clearly. This system was not working.

So I came up with a new one:

When we moved in, there was a big shelf that had been hung above the kitchen sink. I took it down and had no idea what to do with it.

Until I started working on the hallway.

Step one. Hang a 1x3.

Step 2: Hang shelf.

Step 3: Had hooks to board.

Voila!

It was a pain in the friggin ass but I love how it turned out. I love how it's functioning. And I will finally always know where my purse is.

And if that wasn't enough, I still decided to tackle one more room.

The playroom!

I had ordered some wood boards on sale on hobbylobby.com. THEN, I was in Hobby Lobby and found some that were in the shape of a cloud and my mind started going.

I had originally thought I would paint the walls green to match the curtains that are in there now. Once I really started looking at these boards, I decided to paint the walls a sky blue, paint the boards white, make them picture frames and hang them (like clouds in the sky!)

And it worked!

This is what happens when it's 10pm at night and your garage is way too hot. You paint inside.

A finished picture holder.

This is what 9 of them look like :)

I chose Skylark by Behr.

 The whole time I was painting, I kept thinking how calming of a color it was. I kept stopping and putting my feet up.

This part. Sucked. Nicest thing I can say about it LOL

And finished! There are other plans for this wall, I just haven't bought it yet but I am so SO pleased with how it all turned out!

And that's how I spent my week!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment