1-blank2 home house on sunflower lane2 about house on sunflower lane3-contact-house-on-sunflower-lane4 tutorials house on sunflower lane5 advertise house on sunflower lane6 blog roll house on sunflower lane7-blank

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Time Flies

The kids are off to my parents for a few days and Mat and I decided to have a date night tonight. I found the picture below while looking for another picture. This was taken almost exactly 8 years ago, right after Mat and I met. I was 22 and he was 25. So young, so new.

It's hard to believe that just 8 short years ago, we were two young kids, slowly falling in love, not knowing where our future was headed or that we even had one.

The only future we knew was that he was leaving in a few short weeks after we met, off to Korea for a year, and we had to take full advantage of what little time we had with each other. We knew we wanted to give us a chance, we just never knew that us would lead where it has.

I remember, the more I thought about him leaving so early in our relationship, the more I just wanted to up and walk away. I didn't want to be alone, I was so scared, and so frightened. But something kept telling me to stay, it would be worth it.

And it has. That first year apart really prepared me for what life would be like after we got married. I think it helped make me the independent woman I am now, that in turn, has helped with all of our separations since our first one.

I definitely no longer wonder if I made the right decision years ago. I know that I did. I no longer worry about what will happen to us if/when he leaves again because I already know. He will spend his time wherever, ready to come home to me, and I will be at home, waiting impatiently for him.

No one else in this world will ever have my heart and my love as much as he.

To 8 years together, and 80 more years in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment